If ever you find yourself depressed, sad, angry, or just in need of a good pick-me-up, get on the internet and go to the Peeps website. I swear if a smile does not immediately appear on your face there is something inexplicably wrong with you - that website is the most cheerful thing I've seen since the Polyphonic Spree's "Light & Day" music video (this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaqXGGh9kk). The best part of the website, I have to say, is the "Peeps fun facts" page. I've learned more about Peeps in the last minute and a half than I had ever thought I'd learn about Peeps in a lifetime. Did you know that it takes six minutes to create just one Peep chick? Amazing. Also, apparently there are over 200 unofficial Peeps websites out there, which does not surprise me at all. Die-hard Peeps fans are CRAZY. They dress up Peeps, explode Peeps, re-enact classic movie scenes with Peeps, cook with Peeps, figure out 100 ways to kill Peeps (not kidding, it's a real website), and pretty much do every crazy thing possible to feed their unhealthy Peep addiction. Which isn't that unhealthy, seeing that each Peep has only 32 calories and 0 grams of fat in it (thanks, Peeps fun facts website). But anyway. Peeps fans are crazy, but I bet there are crazier fans out there. The weirdest fan club I've ever heard of is the Rat Fan Club. Which is, you know, a fan club for rats. As in those rodents who screwed everything up in the middle ages by carrying all sorts of horrible diseases which ended up killing about half the population of Europe. There are people out there who keep these things as pets (or "companions" as they prefer to call them, which is infinitely creepier), and even subscribe to a newsletter called the "Rat-a-tat Chat" which is written by the club's founder, the aptly nicknamed "Debbie The Rat Lady." Membership to the RFC is free, and it only requires that you sign up for the online chat room. Chat rooms are places where people from different parts of the world can communicate with each other about their shared interests. For instance, someone in America could sit by their computer and have a conversation about how much they love dressing up their rat companions with someone sitting by their computer somewhere in Europe. Moldova's a country that's somewhere in Europe. Right? I know about as much about Moldova as I used to know about Peeps before I came across that website. And that's pretty much nothing.
Androgyny to Alka Seltzer.
According to BBC News, Moldova is "Sandwiched between Romania and Ukraine..."
ReplyDeleteFormer Soviet Sandwich. Delicious.