20 July 2010

Captain Crunch to Curling

Woah.
I haven't updated this thing in ages.
Sorry about that, you've probably been waiting with baited breath for the next post to show up. I'm sure you've all logged in about seven or eight times a day for the past week hoping to read a new post and, seeing that there were no updates, burst into tears screaming "WHY GOD WHY?!!!??!?? WHY IS THERE NO NEW POST?!???!!!!?? AHHHHHGGSHHHGAJH!!!!!!," at which point in an uncontrollable fit of rage you knocked over the table breaking everything in its falling path and almost cutting off your poor little kitten's tail on its way down. I know. And I'm sorry. I'll pay for the new table. (Side note: no I won't. It's your own fault.)
But anyway.
Captain Crunch to Curling.
Captain Crunch is delicious. This is a universal truth. It's delicious if you eat it all by itself, but that's lame. All the cool kids mix and match their cereals up to make a funky cereal concoction. That's one of the best things about college - the cereal bar. Every single morning you can go down to the dining hall, grab a bowl, and create your own unique type of cereal by mixing together all the other ones that are there. And there are always about six different options, so that means that you have about (hold on - taking a moment to do a math problem in my head that is waaay too much for me to handle this early in the day or actually ever okay screw this I'm using a calculator) 40 different combinations you can make. And that's pretty cool. My favorite is mixing Captain Crunch with Chocolate Rice Krispies and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Yes, it's intensely sugary, but my God if it's not one of the most amazingly delicious things you've ever tried. If you put milk in your cereal like I do, it turns your milk into chocolate milk. CHOCOLATE MILK IN YOUR CEREAL. It's so, so good. I'd go on and on about it, but I'm getting hungry and I'm nowhere near a cereal bar. Actually, if I really wanted to I could make my own cereal bar. And you can, too. Just go to your local supermarket and pick up one of those little travel packs of cereal that has like twelve different boxes in it and presto, you've got yourself your own little college-like cereal bar.
You don't even need to go to a supermarket to do all your food shopping these days, you know. Apparently places like WalMart and Target are incorporating supermarkets into their stores so that if you ever need to shop for anything ever you can just go to one store and get it all done, which I think is stupid 'cause the whole fun of shopping is schlepping all over the place and getting so exhausted that all you can do after is go home, blast the air conditioning, take a shower, then crash on the couch and fall asleep watching re-runs of Friends. And that's what shopping's all about - exercise disguised as walking around with heavy bags, trying on lots of clothing that ends up looking horrible on you and ruining your self-esteem for the next few hours, getting blisters on your feet from walking around all day, then going home and refreshing yourself and finally realizing that you actually did get some cute dresses and the food you desperately needed so things aren't so bad at that. But Target's screwing that all up, eliminating the fatigue, blisters, and ruined self-esteem so that you're happy all the fricken time while shopping. So selfish.
Anyway.
The logo for Target is, well, a target. Really, I applaud the guy that thought that one up. That's some innovative, original thinking that is. But anyway, that Target logo look thing is what defines the goal spots in the sport of Curling. If you don't know what Curling is, it's a sport in which players slide stones across a sheet of ice to a target area. In order to make the stones go faster, players take brooms and sweep the ice away really fast in front of the stone as it's moving. Basically Curling is one of my favorite sports, as it combines two of my favorite pastimes - cleaning things and sliding around on slippery surfaces - into an Olympic sport.

And in the spirit of awesome world sports... Vuvuzelas to Vikings. (And you can't just say that they're basically horns and Vikings have horns on their hats.)

1 comment:

  1. I've been mixing my cereal for about a year -- although because I'm a "grownup" it's not the sugary stuff you like so much. Even so, you might enjoy my concoction of organic cheerio-type cereal with peanut butter Puffins. Then again, I use soy milk which might not work for you.

    And yes, I was impatiently anticipating your next post, but my table managed to remain intact.

    ReplyDelete