18 August 2010

Arctic Foxes to Accordians

Arctic foxes are basically regular foxes but they also have white fur instead of that orange-y red stuff they're usually rockin' and they also live in the tundra. If you don't know what the tundra is, then you definitely didn't go to my elementary school. When I was in, like, second grade or something my teacher had us make dioramas (which, btw, is how I know what a diorama is. I've never had to make one since, which kind of sucks because I have sooo many shoeboxes and absolutely nothing to do with them) of all the different biomes of the world. I was assigned the desert, so I made a diorama that was all orange-y yellow (for sand) and I put a bunch of meerkats in it. I love meerkats. Have you ever seen Meerkat Manor? It was a show on Animal Planet. Basically it's Big Brother but with meerkats instead of humans. Hilarious. But anyway. A few years earlier my sister got assigned the same project and she made her diorama about the tundra. So she took a shoebox and put a bunch of cotton balls or something in it to represent snow and and put a bunch of caribou in it to make it all tundra-like. I think I ate caribou once, actually. I mean I went to a restaurant that was having "wild game night" where they cooked all exotic semi-extinct wildlife (which now seems a little cruel but when I was younger was soo awesome) and served it to their guests. I also ate alligator and bison, neither of which I remember very well but I'm sure it all tasted like chicken.
Sometimes when you go to restaurants there's live music there to amuse you while you're all eating and things. Sometimes this happens at Mexican restaurants, and sometimes at these Mexican restaurants there are mariachi bands that come around and annoy the crap out of you while you're trying to eat your meal and all they want to do is play their guitars and harmonicas and ACCORDIONS and you're all like "woah, dudes, I can't hear my date on account of you're basically squealing into our ears and I want you to go away now although maybe if you were playing for other people in the restaurant I'd probably laugh and enjoy myself a lot more because you're farther away and my date and I can make fun of you but also hear ourselves think at the same time." I've never had that happen to me, but I bet that's what I'd be thinking if I ever was in that situation. I was, however, in a subway once in NYC and a mariachi group came into the car I was in and started playing and it was lovely. There was an accordion there, I think. That was nice. Probably wouldn't have been that nice if I was eating in a nice restaurant, though. Accordions can be pretty annoying if you're just trying to eat your taco in peace. Wait, do they serve taco's in nice restaurants?

Braveheart to breakdancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment